- "This is Delta Base Tower. You must be the new hotshot recruit. I've been hearing things about. [sic] Just try not to die too soon. Welcome to hell, Lieutenant!"
- ―Delta Base Tower, in the intro cinematic after the backstory scroll
Airforce Delta is the first game in the Airforce Delta series.
Players take control of a mercenary that has been contracted to complete a number of strategic military missions. Each mission completed earns the player money, and the more money that is accumulated, the more sophisticated aircraft the player can purchase. Players select from a myriad of fighters and take to the skies to defend a newly independent republic from its many enemies—for fame, for glory, and most of all: for a price. The first mission involves a preemptive strike against numerous fighter planes that are planning to bomb the Laconian capital city of Naxos. The game centers around the Federated Republic of Dzavailar. Ethnic tension and religious debate have caused the Republic to split into independent states. The defenseless Republic of Laconia is in dire need of military support. Rebels from the former Federated Republic of Dzavailar have decided to reunite a territory long divided by ethnic conflict. After years of civil war, Laconia is the only republic left standing and has asked a mercenary defense organization to help keep it from falling to the dreaded unification movement. As a commissioned lieutenant assigned to the Delta Squadron, you are about to embark on a series of over 20 missions in very hostile territories. You have been brought on board because you are the best in the business: a crack pilot who can take out multiple bogeys without batting an eyelash. It is your aerial experience that Laconia is banking on, since you will be alone throughout the campaign.
Airforce Delta takes place on the fictitious continent of Dzavailar. A renegade army called the "People's Federation" is intent on conquering all of Dzavailar, and they already have most of its provinces under siege. The last remaining free republic has called upon Airforce Delta, an elite group of mercenary fighter jet pilots, to defeat the People's Federation and liberate the continent. You are the newest recruit in AFD, and you are given a series of 20 missions to carry out. Before each mission, you are given a briefing which gives details on destroying a certain number of targets.
- English Electric Lightning F6
- Northrop F-5E Tiger II
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21
- IAI Kfir C.7
- McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II
- British Aerospace Sea Harrier
- Dassault Mirage 2000
- Mikoyan MiG-31 "Foxhound"
- Northrop F-20 Tigershark
- McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II
- Mikoyan MiG-29 "Fulcrum"
- General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon
- McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet
- McDonnell Douglas F/A-18E Super Hornet
- Panavia Tornado F3
- Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
- Grumman F-14D Tomcat
- McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle
- Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk
- Sukhoi Su-27B Flanker
- McDonnell Douglas F-15 STOL/MTD
- Saab JAS 39 Gripen
- Dassault Rafale
- Sukhoi Su-34 Platypus
- Eurofighter Typhoon (Referred to as EF2000 Typhoon)
- Sukhoi Su-37
- Northrop YF-23 Blackwidow
- Sukhoi Su-47 (Referred to as S-37)
- Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
- JSF X-32
- Mikoyan Project 1.44 (Referred to as MiG-1.44 MFI)
- Rockwell B-1B Lancer
- Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker
- Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird
- Boeing 747
- Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow
- Mil Mi-24
- Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk
- Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit
- Lockheed C-5B Galaxy
- McDonnell Douglas X-36
- Lockheed Martin RQ-3 DarkStar (Referred to as m944)
- Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk (Referred to as m367)
- Kongō-class destroyer
- USS Nimitz (CVN-68)
- Attack ship
- Arktika-class icebreaker
- Nuclear Sub
- Sea Shadow (IX-529) (referred to as Stealth-Ship, or S-Ship for short)
- CV-X Stealth Aircraft Carrier
- This is the only game in the franchise with unique music for each individual mission.
- The continent the game takes place in is referred to as 'Zabayral' in the manual, which is inconsistent with the continent's in-game name of 'Dzavailar.'
- This is the only game in the series where individual generic enemies have unique paint schemes; enemy paint schemes have been documented on this wiki since there is no way to view them in-game through standard means. Most planes have at least two different paint schemes for enemies; the only ones that don't are the AV-8B Harrier II, the SeaHarrier, and the MiG-1.44 MFI. (This does not count the F/A-18E Super Hornet, which is never used by the enemy to begin with)
|Airforce Delta Series|
|Airforce Delta · Airforce Delta Storm · Airforce Delta Strike|